Saturday 15 April 2017

Turning Point

Let's just ignore the fact that this is my first post in 6 months or so and let me tell you how last week was (another) turning point in my life. I was at work happily browsing photos of an event that I attended earlier this month and suddenly there I was: bright smile, good hair, wearing my favorite dress and... looking like a really fat Ariel. 



Don't get me wrong. This is not about being all skinny just to fit a size 0 pair of jeans. This is about feeling good with yourself, feeling good in your body. It's about being healthy and letting go of all the bad habits. 



For those of you that don't know, some years ago I was diagnosed with binge eating disorder. I thought I had it under control, but looking at that photo and making a more conscious analysis of my behavior in the last year, I have to face reality: not only I'm binging again, but I developed (once more!) a sugar addiction and lots of other habits. Slowly, but with a steady pace, I am falling again in that terrible spiral of self-loathing, guilt and low self-esteem that makes me sabotage everything I do in my life (from that dinner date that I just refused from that meeting I was about to cancel because I think they would find me ridiculous). And, honestly, I don't want to be in that place again. Enough is enough.



So, I did what everyone in this situation should do: ask for help. On Monday I'll book another psychiatrist appointment (I've been skipping the last ones, which does not make an easy recover) and I spoke with a friend who is a nutritionist (and a good one, from what I've heard). She's going to see me soon and help me with my diet. She will be developing a plan that's appropriate for binge eating disorder. 

Step 1 is done: ask for help. I want to share with you my journey to get healthy again, so stick around and we'll do this together :)


Wish me luck!

No comments

Post a Comment

Bem-vindo e obrigada por deixar a sua (educada) opinião. A resposta ao comentário será sempre dada aqui.

© SLOW LIFE
Maira Gall